Sale Price: $259.98
Our Price: $379.99
Where do you Plan on Using your Pilates Equipment?
Quick Tips for Pilates Equipment
1. Pilates exercise equipment- and the Pilates reformer in particular- can be somewhat intimidating to look at. But if you're here, you probably understand that it is an integral part to achieving core strength, flexibility, and alignment.
2. "Official" names for Pilates reformers don't really exist, so you'll have to make sure you know what you want and understand what you're getting - especially online. Our offerings will be well-explained with full details about their specific features.
3. Stott Pilates reformers and Stamina Pilates reformers, two of our most popular products, enable you to do more than 32 strengthening exercises that are automatically catered to your abilities and experience. Perhaps one of the most beneficial aspects is the tendency for Pilates workouts to employ muscles that aren't commonly exercised. This results in a stronger core and a more well-rounded physique.
4. All Pilates reformers will have a head rest and shoulder blocks- even good portable Pilates reformers should have this. The headrest should be adjustable to at least two positions. Any exercises that require you to lift your legs over your body should be done with your head flat.
5. Springs on the reformer are used to adjust the resistance to your skill and experience level. Many have color coded springs dictating light, medium and heavy resistance. These colors are usually green, yellow and red, respectively.
6. The carriage is the part of the Pilates reformer where you lie, sit, kneel, or stand. It is mounted on rails that allow you to push against the pressure of the springs and your own weight.
7. Stott Pilates reformers and Stamina Pilates reformers- the two top brands- can be expected to last upwards of 20 years. They are very well-machined devices that often are constructed according to your specific requirements of size, function, and even style.
8. Portable Pilates reformers are typically spring-operated exercise devices that also employs your own body weight. This Pilates home equipment offers a space-friendly advantage and can even travel with you.
9. The Pilates ring (also known as the "Magic Circle") is a common, easy-to-use device that adds resistance and assists in motion when doing many common upper-body exercises. It helps engage the abs, back muscles, and arms while encouraging proper breathing.
10. The most recognizable piece of Pilates equipment is probably the Pilates ball, which is the most affordable starting point in Pilates home equipment. It aids in balance and can be instrumental in targeting hard-to-get-at core muscles.